GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE:
- An IV Heplock is started.
- The patient is then placed on the Tilt Table at 70 degrees for 45 minutes without the ability to shift their weight.
- If your procedure is scheduled in the a.m., nothing by mouth after 12 midnight the night prior to the day of the procedure.
- For afternoon procedure, clear liquid breakfast, i.e. tea, broth, jell-o, apple juice.
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Take all medications as usual.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE:
- 45 minutes to 1 hour.
POST PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Hemodynamics are monitored with blood pressure, heart rate, and EKG.
- Consciousness level and arrhythmia are observed closely.
Will they require someone to bring them home?